Child and Family Resources

NCAC-Stop-Chid-Abuse-AvatarReport Child Abuse

  • If you suspect child abuse, call the National Child Abuse Hotline
  • 1-800-4ACHILD (800-422-4453)

Sexual Assault Response Center­ Information

  • Advocacy, crisis intervention, referrals and emotional support for child and adult victims and their families
  • 24-Hour Crisis Line. J. 1- 800-422-4453

National Runaway Hotline 24/7

  • 1-800-621-4000

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

  • 1-800-273-8255

Department of Human Resources ­ (DHR) Investigates reports of alleged child sexual abuse and takes appropriate action to protect the child if necessary .

  • Clarke Co. 251-275-7001
  • Washington Co. 251-847-6100
  • Choctaw Co. 205-459-9701

Police Emergency Number – An officer will make an initial report…911.

  • The business number of your local police department is listed in your local telephone book and is available through Directory Assistance.

Other – Talk to School counselors, teachers, social workers, doctors, ministers, mental health professionals.



Back to Top